Summer camps for teens are a great way to make friends and learn new skills and talents that carry over into adulthood. At Camp Keystone, we want to provide a short guide to different activities that are important for teens at summer camps. Whether your teen likes exploring nature, doing theater skits, or completing crafts with hands-on artistry, there’s something for everyone in this comprehensive guide to summer fun.
Exploring the outdoors is one of the best parts of a summer camp. A camp will create an educational & fun environment within nature for teens with a few nature-centered activities, including:
- Nature-themed scavenger hunt: Scavenger hunts are fun and exciting for everyone, whether it is with objects to hide or different types of trees, plants, and animals.
- Gardening: Creating a community garden at summer camp to cultivate over the season is a great way to foster connection with the environment and promote healthy eating.
- Hiking: Hiking is a traditional part of summer camp, especially if there are mountains or elevated places nearby. Hiking on a natural trail is enriching for teens and adults alike. It’s a great way to get some exercise while exploring the natural environment.
Arts and Crafts
For the more hands-on, creative teens, fun crafts can be more suitable for them. There are a variety of arts and crafts available at Camp Keystone during summer camps such as:
- Tie-Dye: Tie dyeing shirts is a great way to create a memory that teens can take home with them after camp. They will enjoy picking out colors and completing their design that will jog their memory of a good summer.
- Wind chimes: Making a wind chime is probably something teens haven’t done before. This encourages teens to get creative and design their very own wind chime to take home and put on their patio or balcony.
- Friendship bracelets: There’s no better way to commemorate a summer camp friendship than through making matching bracelets together. This activity teaches motor skills with their hands and is something that they can take home to treasure for years to come.
- Bottled beach: If there’s one thing teens love, it’s fun at the beach. This challenges teens to create a beach scene in a bottle complete with sand, shells, and beachy accessories. They will have a keepsake and the memory of making this craft with their camp friends.
Singing, Dancing, and Performing Skits
A great way for your teens to showcase their talent and creativity is through singing, dancing, and skits or short plays. These activities are often the most memorable for summer campers and can be a ton of fun with the right setup.
- Talent show: A perfect way to allow campers to show their talent is through a talent show. Teens can sign up in groups or for individual performances. Summer camp teens can perform a song they love, a particular dance they enjoy, or perform skit that they want as long as it’s within camp rules.
- Campfire songs: Another classic camp memory is singing songs together around the campfire. Teens enjoy roasting marshmallows for s’mores and simply spending time together singing around a crackling fire in the summer evenings.
For teens who lean more towards athletics, they are encouraged to take part in field sports at summer camp for some exercise and enrichment as well as to improve their skills. Here are a few fun sports often offered at Camp Keystone summer camp:
- sand volleyball
- touch football
- and other field games
Your child or teen is guaranteed to have a great experience at Camp Keystone. We foster education and connection with other kids and counselors alike for memories to last forever. Camp Keystone is located in Agoura Hills, California. We are the ideal place for teens to spend the summer! We’ve been bringing fun, learning, and connection to children for over 25 years.
Our camp features more than 30 acres of land with abundant trees, gorgeous grasses, swimming pools, trails, a huge water slide, creeks, and sports fields.